Dear DPS Parents,
There are 3 weeks left of the school year for 2017.
Please take note of the following important notices:
1. School fees for 2017 need to be paid up by Thursday 30 November. Mrs. James will be in on Wednesday 20 December for final cash instalment from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. only. Reports will go home on Tuesday 5 December for paid up parents. If, however, your school fees are outstanding and no payment plan was made with the Principal, you will be required to collect your child’s report from Mrs. James at the front office. We incurred major storm damage in October, and cannot proceed with restoration until all outstanding school fees are in.
2. School Ties: These need to be returned to Mrs. Miller by Tuesday 5 December before reports are handed over. Gr. 7’s wishing to keep their honour ties may purchase them at our cost price of R50 each. The money or tie needs to be handed directly to Mrs. Miller who has a record of all names.
3. Waterworld: Our Gr. 7’s will be having their year end function at uShaka and we hope they all have a wonderful fun day with their friends and teachers
Gr. R Prizegiving ceremony – Wednesday 29 November 8:30 a.m.
Gr. 1 – 3 Prizegiving ceremony – Thursday 30 November 8:30 a.m.
Senior Prizegiving ceremony – Friday 1 December 8:30 a.m.
This year only our Gr. 4 and Gr. 5 prize winners will attend the ceremony as well as all Gr. 6 & 7 pupils. You will be notified per letter. This will make a little more space for our parents to fit comfortably in the hall. You will be reminded of this arrangement closer to the time.
5. Admissions: DPS is full for 2018. We have already exceeded our pupil numbers in some grades.
6. Raffle Sheet Reminders: We trust that our Gr. 7’s will give this last school collection their best effort, as a way of showing gratitude for their amazing time spent at DPS.
7. Spar: A reminder that children may only go to Queensmead Spar accompanied by an adult. We have had a very embarrassing incident happen and this can not ever happen again.
8. Security: Please note, if you wish to take your child early, you need to send a letter in with your child in the morning so that permission can be obtained from Management. It is not sufficient to call or send a Whatsapp to the teacher. We need a letter filed in the office to cover ourselves in case anything untoward should happen. This is a requirement of the Department.
“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”Greg Anderson