Welcome back to the final term of 2016!
It will be another very busy term, and we have a lot of exciting functions and activities to prepare for. And then the final exams in 5 weeks time!
Please take note of the following:
Extra murals begin today, Monday 10 October – please see the list handed out with reports.
– Mr. Miya and our cultural group will be honoured at a function at Dokkies. Well done – This is a District event and a huge credit to Mr. Miya and his group.
– Entrepreneur’s Day for Gr. 7’s at R10 per selling space.
(Refer to letter sent home.)
– Grandparents Day hosted by the JP Department.
17 October: Monday – 5:30 p.m.:
– Meeting in hall to approve school fees for 2017.
Teachers will be available from 4:30 to 5:30 to discuss any concerns from the Term 3 report. This will be done on an individual basis. Please make use of
this time to rectify any problem areas.
18 – 21 October:
– Grade 4/5 Camp at Berg Venture in the Drakensberg.
21 October – 09:00 a.m.:
– Open Day for all the New pupils to DPS in 2017.
25 – 28 October:
– Grade 6/7 Camp at Berg Venture in the Drakensberg.
Top Achievers for Term 3: Congratulations to all of you. Well done!
Grade 3 – Neo Biyela 94% 3N
Grade 4 – Smangaliso Magwaza 88% 4N
Grade 5 – Kuyanda Sibisi 82% 5G
Grade 6 – Qhawe Ngubo 88% 6P
Grade 7 – Aphelele Ngcobo 83% 7W
“Believe, Dream, Dare”
Congratulations to the following winners of our Gr. 7 Raffle:
R5 000 – Diane from Tatenda’s raffle sheet 1G
R1 000 – Hope Ngcobo 5L
R 500 – Andiswa Mdoda 7W
Top Sellers were:
- Tatenda Nyakudya (4sheets) 1G Siphesihle Miller (4 sheets) 6P
- Philasande Ndaba (4 sheets) 1W Tumelo Maponya (5 sheets) 3N
- Elihle Ngcobo (4 sheets) 1M Sinegugu Ngcobo (5 sheets) 6M
- Nkululeko Mthembu (4 sheets)1M Sithandiwe Hadebe (5 sheets) 7T
- Nqaba Noyingana (4 sheets) 2M Thuso Ntobela (6 sheets) 1M
- Lebongang Tsikedi (4 sheets) 3N Linathi Filtane (6 sheets) 3N
- Awande Lembede (4 sheets) 6P
Thank you Miss Gardiner for all your hard work in putting this together and sorting out all the prizes – a fantastic effort.
An amount of R32 216.00 was raised and the new signs around the school will be paid for from this money. Thank you for all the support.